My special Dreamcatcher



In my high school I have a class called "who am I?", and this class is about


philosophy and it's about finding yourself and finding what you believe in.


We have been in the Unit "doubt and dream", and our project for this unit


was to make a dreamcatcher. This is not for decoration, because that is not


the purpose of dreamcatchers. This is my dreamcatcher that I made not in


a craft class but in "who am I" class. This means it is about who I am and


what I want it to help me with, and It is not for decoration. We learned


about the Ojibwe people (who made dreamcatchers) so that we could make


them with respect and knowledge. The purpose of dreamcatchers are to


catch in it's web the bad thoughts coming to your dreams and let the good


thoughts peacefully flow through to our minds through the path of the


dreamcatcher. This project's purpose was to open the door between the


unconscious and the conscious world.





In my dreamcatcher I used yarn, pinkish fake leather, a metal ring, orange


string, yellow beads, a little origami thing, and an important spiritual ring.


The yarn, origami thing, and spiritual ring were things I had in my house.


The leather, metal ring, string, and beads I got from my teacher


already. The reason I chose to use orange string was because orange is the


color for communication and I want the communication to use its power to


stop the un-communication troubles that will try to get to me. I used the


beads so that they can fend off the negative feelings trying to come my way.


Beads are protective, orange is for communication, which is why my web is


orange, to catch the things doubting my communication abilities. Yellow is


a color that Is in my dreamcatcher for these dreams to come to me. Yellow


represents friendship, and I care a lot about my friendships. Yellow is there


for good dreams with my friends in them. Yellow also represents creativity,


and optimism. These are all the things that I care about the most and that I


want to be in my dreams or to have when I wake up, so that's why my


dreamcatcher has yellow. My goal in life is to make others happy with


kindness and love because I care for so many people. This is why there is a


sort of pink on the loop of my dreamcatcher. My special ring in the center


of my dreamcatcher is my lucky ring. My grandmother gave it to me a long


time ago and it was always special to me because nobody had given me an


actual ring before. This ring is to give luck and to use its power to keep the


bad thoughts away and attract the good thoughts and dreams. I want the


dreamcatcher to trap the self consciousness and the doubting of myself. I


want it to catch the fear of talking. 



Crafting is what I have spent my whole life doing and something I cannot


live without. In the center of my dreamcatcher there is a made up origami


piece that I probably made about 4 years ago. This symbolizes my


dedication to crafting and what has made me who I am today.



I want dreams that will make me feel satisfied, confident, and content


when I wake up. I want dreams to come to me that will have clear


meanings for me to successfully pass through the challenges of the day. I


would love for fun things to happen in my dreams like being with my


friends that I can’t have in real life quite yet because of the pandemic.



In a dream I had recently I noticed some of Frued's ideas about dreams


show up. This was wish fulfilment and ID (needing to prove myself)


because of how much I spoke up and solved issues in that dream, and


another was how my surroundings affected my subconscious dream like


the pandemic made me dream of everyone buying toilet paper and toilet


paper only. (This could have happened because of the pandemic, I actually


hadn't thought about that connection until someone mentioned it after I


told them my dream). I spoke up a lot in that dream, but more than once I


hesitated to do so. Maybe trying to understand everyone's point of


argument would have made things calmer. If I think about the British


empiricists I know that they would not believe those ideas Frued had


because they haven't SEEN proof and they don't believe it if they don't see


it. Then there are the continental rationalists. I think they make more


sense. They would probably agree because they judge by reason and if you


think about it, it makes sense. I would say it makes sense, so that's why


also believe in that reason and idea about dreams. I also believe that my


dreamcatcher will help with giving me the most beautiful dreams and


thoughts.




Comments