Portals to Life - SCRIPT!

      Hello, I'm in GCE lab school, and in my class called Drama, we've been focusing on people's views of gender roles, especially the representation of women in different stories. We watched a few plays and we read "A doll's house", while specifically paying attention to Nora in the play. We have been talking about the influential women of the world, and for our action project, we were meant to choose one. The influential woman I chose for this action project is Adora or She-Ra, from the shows "She-Ra and the princesses of power", and "She-Ra: Princess of power". 

Adora/Shera has been such a big influence, especially for little girls in the 1980s because “Shera: Princess of power” was a big film at the time that had a strong woman main character who was in power, Adora. The show influenced lots people to make other shows to have women in power and women as heros, because of Adora. 

Masters of the Universe Adora  figure at the Mattel booth at San Diego Comic-Con International.
Loren Javier. Flickr.com. 2009. CC BY-ND 2.0. Nothing changed.

“Shera and the princesses of power (2018)” showed not only the main character being a woman in power, but also showed a woman being in love with another woman. Adora was in love with a woman and the way that was depicted in the show helped people in the world realize and accept their own sexualities and it helped other people not a part of the LGBTQ+ to accept other people more. It made the LGBTQ+ community really flourish.

For this action project, we were meant to write a script with at least three characters, the influential woman we chose (Adora), Nora, and ourselves. In the script, each character should explain their view on gender norms. Here is my script, and I hope you like it!





This whole action project was definetly fun for me. What was hardest for me in this project was picking an influencial woman and deciding what Nora's situation should be. Once I figured out what influencial woman to choose, everything felt much easier. When I started writing I had the idea of my story in my head, so it was really the writing part that I had to then get through. I liked writing a script and I ended up being very proud of it. The acting was a little chaotic but it was also fun, so thank you for visiting my blog post!!!

Comments