Only Friends - Shadow Pupptets

 Shadow Puppet Show Only Friends by NM


In school I'm in the class called A Show of Hands. It's about puppets and we learned all about different types of puppets. The history, the materials, the technique, and so on. We also watched a bunch of different puppet shows that inspired us all to make our own. Here's my show called Seulement Amis (which means Only Friends in French). I hope you like it!     

                                            

(my sets the garden and the kingdom)



Artist Statement


When I create art that is meant to tell a story, it is always to defy norms. I work really hard on the art that I make because I think it is really important to make stories that defy norms and share them in the world. I want them to be seen enough to change someone's thinking on how things always “should” be. I have done all different types of art all through my entire life. Art has always been a part of me and I cannot even begin to imagine my life without it. The type of art I create that makes me feel like I’m expressing myself the most is the art that there’s supposed to be a story told from it. I want to show things that aren’t very usual to seem like they are, to change our world for the better. My biggest inspiration to make stories like this are the shows Shera and The Owl House. These shows made me think of representing different sexualities, as well as not the usual story endings. In my puppet show I made every puppet and all of the set, and it took work, but these are the things that I love doing. I like shadow puppets, but I definitely want to try making shows with different types of puppets and sets to see how that goes. 


Comments