Endurance & Origami

I am NM, a junior in Global Citizenship Experience lab school. I am currently taking a class called "A Nation's Argument", where we have been learning about rights. Our previous class was called "Rhetoric", where we learned about rhetorical tools and how to use them in different arguments and situations. In "A Nation's Argument" we have been learning more about how to construct solid, sound arguments. We have been looking over and breaking down the United States Declaration of Independence, taking note of the language it uses and its construction. We also met with Ben Blair, principal of a Montessori school, to learn about different approaches to education. In this class, we have learned that the word "argument" means not to fight, but "to clarify". The goal of this project is to make a declaration for an independent study that we would be interested in pursuing. I chose origami, my favorite craft throughout elementary school.


NM "Childhood Origami book" 2023


 


This project gave me an opportunity to make an argument to study something I am interested in. I wanted to give myself a challenge and argue for something that is special to me, but not viewed as a study students would pursue. It was difficult, but I am proud that I was able to think of multiple things to learn from studying origami. I enjoyed looking back through my origami books and remembering what I learned from making so much of it. Thank you for reading my post, I hope you liked it!


Comments