Friends - A Harsh Children's Story

 Hello Readers! I am a high school student at GCE lab school, and I just started a Rhetoric class. In this class, our first project and challenge were to make the story of Christopher Columbus into a children's story. There is so much death and slavery in the story, so we needed to figure out a way, to tell the truth to children, without making it too gruesome. We also wanted to make sure that our stories attracted the attention of children, so something we did was we went on a field experience to the children's section in the Harold Washington library. Making my Children's book I decided to use lots of colors.

Here is the script:










This was a fun book to make, I wish I could've had more time for the drawings, but I think what I did was cute. I made some fictional parts of the book to make it interesting, and to hopefully get children to feel compassion for the natives. I enjoyed making this book! I hope you liked it too!

Comments