Water Filters!

In class we are learning about SDG #3 and #6, which are health and well being and clean water and sanitation. We want everyone to have the right to have water filters. We learned all about how filters work, how they should be used, and why they are important. In our class, we each made our own water filter using what we learned about them. We also tested the water before and after to see the difference our filters made.
  


I added paper towel first because I knew it would catch everything small and it would stop rocks falling through and into the water. Then I put rocks for them to grab the dirt and any other things like twigs, and then sponges because bacteria gets stuck in sponges. Then I packed some sand in, because when the water goes through the sand the sand catches a lot of dirt. I added cloth because the cloth can help catch bad bacteria too. Lastly I put rocks on top to hold down everything else in the filter.

Comments